The One Senior Care family of businesses, including LIFE-NWPA and Cherry Blossom PACE, work as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, and independent within their homes and communities for as long as possible. We are a premier healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care, free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Our employees consistently hear from our Participants, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as we continue to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Excellent career growth opportunities with a fast-growing, mission-driven organization.
- Team approach striving to provide excellent patient care for our seniors.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan with excellent matching, annual performance increases, and paid training.
- Staff working within the community are paid mileage for the use of their vehicle.
- Staff do not transport LIFE’s Participants in their own vehicles.
- Consistent schedule, hours and income, and overtime potential.
Individuals in the Social Services Administrative Support role are passionate about serving vulnerable seniors. They possess the active listening skills to understand prospective Participants and their families’ challenges and the communication skills to articulate how LIFE-NWPA can address those challenges. They should continuously and actively execute on the next steps. Must be extremely detail-oriented and look for ways to improve processes in the information-gathering process. Work with minimum supervision after an initial training period and must be comfortable running weekly participant update meetings.
- Manage check-in and check-out of Participants upon arrival and departure, welcoming Participants and caregivers and directing general inquiries to the center.
- File and maintain records of the center’s operation in proper order.
- Maintaining applicable databases for various departments.
- Attend meetings, record minutes, draft minutes, and send them out for review. Maintain a database of meeting minutes.
- Interdisciplinary Team Meeting (IDT) set up and record minutes. Upload minutes to SharePoint and print hard copies for IDT Minutes binder.
- Create Care Plan schedules.
- Provide assistance to MSWs as needed.
- Complete social service-related tasks for Participants as needed.
- Participate in and support Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as requested/assigned.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- General clerical experience in proper office procedures.
- Ability to use EMR and proficiency to be trained in using different software.
- Must have access to reliable and consistent transportation.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and patiently with personnel, participants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the public.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department supervisors.
- Must have the cognitive ability to process and perform tasks for Participant safety.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to organize work and follow through on assigned tasks.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in social work or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of administrative support experience.
- Capable of and experienced in assisting individuals with special mobility needs.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office and therapy areas.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to assist with the evacuation of Participants.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued from the date of hire
- Pay increases for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouses, and dependents
$17.00 – $18.00 per hour
Our organizations provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The OSC family of businesses will only hire qualified individuals to work in a federally funded healthcare program. Please note that this excludes anyone convicted of a crime that could jeopardize the safety and well-being of the frail senior population that OSC/LIFE-NWPA/CBP serves. All individuals must disclose any conflicts of interest upon applying for a position and agree to a thorough background check when an employment offer is extended.
This position has full access to Participant, program, and staff records and reports, requiring discretion to protect individuals and the program.