On-Call Float Registered Nurse
Employment type: Full Time
LIFE-NWPA, a community based program providing services to seniors allowing them to remain in the community (versus skilled nursing facility), is seeking an On-Call Float Nurse. LIFE (Living Independent for the Elderly), known nationally as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) provides support services to its elite group of seniors, enabling them to safely live in their own homes.
Seniors who chose LIFE-NWPA continue to live in their own homes for as long as possible with the help of an interdisciplinary team instead of having to manage their care by themselves. LIFE approaches care from a holistic perspective that makes sure that care becomes all-inclusive.
Candidates must desire to become part of an elite interdisciplinary team of caregivers to provide the best support possible for a select group of citizens.
Schedule/Shift (two week rotation/permanent schedule):
Float Nurse – Week 1:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., no on-call responsibility, provides coverage within an outpatient clinic environment.
Float Nurse Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Provides coverage within LIFE-NWPA clinics to cover registered nurse vacancies (planned paid time off, staff off due to illness, etc.)
- Participates in educating participants and staff on clinical issues as needed
- Assists with the following tasks when assigned to cover vacant RN shifts:
- Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses
- Identifies patient’s problems/needs and sets priorities; makes referrals as necessary
- Working as a team with the Center Manager, Clinical RN Manager, Medical Director, and CRNP, carries out clinical activities including care planning and implementation
- Participates in Quality Assurance initiatives with the Center Manager, Clinical RN Manager, and Director of Quality Assurance
- Conducts initial and periodic assessments
- Communicates participant changes to team members
- Assures all documentation in the medical record are complete
- Participates in the development of participant’s Plan of Care
On-Call Nurse – Week 2:
Working from home answering the nurse-on call phoneline per the following schedule. Does not report to a LIFE-NWPA Center / Outpatient Clinic. Presently, on-call phone calls average 5 per shift, and can be less than 5 calls or greater than 5 calls.
Sunday, 5:00 p.m. to Monday, 8:00 a.m.
Monday, 5:00 p.m. to Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.
Tuesday, 5:00 p.m. to Wednesday, 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, 5:00 p.m. to Thursday, 8:00 a.m.
Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to Friday, 8:00 a.m.
On-Call Nurse Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Answers LIFE-NWPA’s on-call phone number from the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Provides on-call support 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. starting Sunday at 5:00 p.m. and ending 8:00 a.m. Friday
- Triage phone call and determine best course of action for Participant’s specific need (coordinate in-home visit, schedule clinic appointment, etc.)
- Document pertinent and required information in Participant’s electronic medical record
- Communicate to the Participant’s IDT team the basis and outcome of the afterhours care via email by 8:00 a.m. following the call
- Previous experience providing services to seniors
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Post-Secondary education: ASN or BSN
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 3% pay increase annually
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
For additional information, please see: www.PACE4You.org and www.lifenwpa.org