Personal Care Aide
12 Hour Shift/Hours: Set Schedule! Full-time.
***This set schedule is Friday-Saturday 8:00 pm – 8:00 am***
***This position is working within a single location – staff do not travel***
LIFE-NWPA works as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. LIFE is the premiere healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care that is free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Employees of LIFE consistently hear from our clients, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as LIFE continues to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Consistent schedule, hours and income, and overtime potential
- Paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, annual wage increases, and paid training
- Staff working within the community are paid mileage for the use of their vehicle
- Staff do not transport LIFE’s Participant’s within their own vehicles
- Team approach striving to provide excellent patient care for our seniors
Why Work for LIFE?
Direct Care Workers, Direct Support Professionals, Home Health Aides, and Private Duty Caregivers have found rewarding careers with LIFE-NWPA helping seniors stay within the comfort of their own homes as well as with the support of a loving family-like environment including access to a day center.
PCAs, CNAs, STNAs, and Patient Care Technicians accustomed to the high demands of previous hospital, skilled nursing, group home, and/or community service agencies will enjoy LIFE’s work-life balance, consistent and stable work hours, and a supportive committed and caring team.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued from date of hire
- Pay increase for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
- Interacts with and participates in activities with Participants
- Assists with breakfast and lunch meal service
- Provides assistance with personal care as needed (including showering/bathing, toileting, etc.)
- Assists with housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation (in-home care)
- Accompany Participants to on and off-site clinics for appointments
- Travel with LIFE transportation team in company vehicles to assist with transport as needed
- Document required services on appropriate forms
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law (at employer’s expense)
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical (at employer’s expense)
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- High School education or equivalent
For additional information, please see: www.lifenwpa.org and www.PACE4You.org
Interested candidates may apply through Indeed.com
Salary: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour