LIFE-NWPA – Erie, PA
Employment type: Full Time
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Center is closed nights, weekends, and holidays
LIFE-NWPA, a community-based program providing services to seniors allowing them to remain in the community (versus skilled nursing facility), is seeking a Registered Nurse for our Erie County, Erie, PA location. LIFE (Living Independent for the Elderly), known nationally as PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) provides support services to its elite group of seniors, enabling them to safely live in their own homes.
Seniors who chose LIFE-NWPA continue to live in their own homes for as long as possible with the help of an interdisciplinary team instead of having to manage their care by themselves. LIFE approaches care from a holistic perspective that makes sure that care becomes all-inclusive.
Nursing professionals at LIFE-NWPA enjoy the opportunity to care for seniors without having to contend with health insurance barriers.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses
- Identifies patient’s problems/needs and sets priorities; makes referrals as necessary
- Working as a team with the Center Manager, Clinical RN Manager, Medical Director, and CRNP, carries out clinical activities including care planning and implementation
- Participates in Quality Assurance initiatives
- Conducts initial and periodic assessments
- Communicates participant changes to team members
- Assures all documentation in the medical record are complete
- Participates in the development of participant’s Plan of Care
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Post-Secondary education:ASN or BSN
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensing in Pennsylvania
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 3% pay increase annually
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
For additional information, please see: www.PACE4You.org and www.lifenwpa.org
Interested candidates may apply through Indeed.com.