LIFE-NWPA – Erie, PA
Social Worker Administrative Assistant
Employment type: Full Time
Shift/Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
LIFE-NWPA, a community-based program providing services to seniors allowing them to remain in the community (versus skilled nursing facility), is seeking a Social Services Administrative Assistant. LIFE (Living Independent for the Elderly), known nationally as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) provides support services to its elite group of seniors, enabling them to safely live in their own homes.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Attend meetings, record minutes, and type minutes for all applicable LIFE-NWPA Centers.
- Record census data for designated LIFE-NWPA Center and send out email notifications as applicable.
- Type Interdisciplinary Team notes (Care Plans) for participants.
- Maintain spreadsheet of annual re-certifications and scan completed re-certifications into record.
- Maintain Interdisciplinary Team schedules and email updated schedules as applicable.
- Lock Care Plans in Electronic Medical Record system on the first day of the month, in accordance with procedure.
- Update photographs for each program participants as needed per regulation.
- Responsible for gathering documents for and completing PA600, acquiring 1 month of recent bank statements, obtaining current year social security statement, and faxing PA600 and supporting documentation to the County Assistance Office. Upload documents to EMR as appropriate.
- Assists with recertification including, but not limited to, completion of recertification forms and forwarding to the clinic for physician approval, sending signed recertifications to Center Management and Director of Center Operations, and uploading returned recertification into the EMR.
- Maintain spreadsheet of annual recertifications and scan all certifications into the EMR system.
- Responsible for the Form 1768 including documenting data as it relates to address change, skilled nursing facility stay, and skilled nursing discharge. Transmittal of 1768 to appropriate agency and uploading to the EMR system.
- Provides assistance locating services for Participants including, but not limited to affordable housing/rent rebate programs, free phone service, etc.
- Provides clerical services to various staff members within the Center.
- Performs other duties as required or directed by the Center Manager, Director of Center Operations, and/or Master Social Worker.
- One year of experience providing care to the frail elderly
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- High School Diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education preferred
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued at hire
- Up to 3% pay increase annually
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents