Employment type: Full Time | Non-Exempt
LIFE-Northwest Pennsylvania is seeking a Spiritual Coordinator for their 6 Centers in Northwestern Pennsylvania (PA). LIFE is conducting a search for this regional role opportunity. May reside anywhere in Northwest Pennsylvania.
We are a community-based program providing services to seniors allowing them to remain in the community. LIFE (Living Independence for the Elderly), known nationally as PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), provides support services to its elite group of seniors, enabling them to safely live in their own homes.
- Coordinate Spiritual support for end-of-life care
- Coordinate “last rights”, prayer/vigil at bedside at least once as person nears death (or coordinate for appropriate local religious leader to provide this support in-person)
- Communicate with families/loved ones to provide spiritual/emotional support
- Coordinate resources to Participant & families to reference – religious passages, books, local support groups, etc.
- Coordinate/Lead weekly Bible Study, Prayer group, and worship music times.
- Provide counsel to participants as needed to address grief/loss
- Assist with coordination for local methods of attending religious services
- Coordinate local religious leaders to our Participants/Employees, as needed
- Locate and provide info on televised/internet religious services
- Lead discussion/provide information on religious current events-What’s happening in the religious community around the world
- Lead/provide spiritual meditation – either in person/zoom, or recommend internet/CDs, etc.
- Consult on recommendations for care plans if a spiritual need is identified
- Provide education to IDT on religious/cultural customs of participants as needed. Ex. Kosher foods, clothing/coverings, holidays celebrated, etc.
- Weekly/Monthly religious reading and ‘Sermon’ via zoom/grand pads
- Participate in family conferences as needed
- Discuss with participants mortuary/burial arrangements
- Assist with conversations to present palliative care/comfort care option (as appropriate)
- Coordinate memorial services for our Participants that have cease to breath
- Represent the LIFE program to Church and other community organizations.
- Assist with coordination and establishing relationships, with local clergy and congregations throughout LIFE-NWPA.
- As needed, represent LIFE-NWPA at regional meetings and/or events
- Report to Director of Center Operations
- Qualifications: One year experience with working with seniors. Educational training/experience in providing spiritual care.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI fingerprint based background check if residing outside of Pennsylvania within the last 3 years
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
Travel & Physical Requirements:
- Travel to/from 6 Center locations. May include overnight travel for in-service training programs, etc.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Educational training/experience in providing spiritual care.
- 3 weeks + 1 day Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Annual pay increase
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Company sponsored Long Term Disability plan
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
Salary: From $26.00 – $28.00 per hour
For additional information, please see: www.lifenwpa.org and www.pace4you.org