Master Social Worker
Employment type: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Center is closed nights, weekends, and holidays
LIFE-NWPA works as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, and independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. LIFE is the premiere healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care that is free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Employees of LIFE consistently hear from our clients, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as LIFE continues to expand locally and nationally.
Incumbent will have full responsibility for all social work case management services to LIFE Participants. Master of Social Work (MSW) degree required.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Great work-life balance with traditional weekday/dayshift hours
- Dedicated time to the patient and individual needs
- Supportive team approach to care amongst clinical team, therapy, transportation, dietetic, activities, and personal care services
- Manageable staff to patient ratio
- Directing person-centered care that is focused on quality, not quantity
Why Work for LIFE?
Social Workers, MSWs, Social Service Workers have found rewarding careers with LIFE-NWPA helping seniors stay within the comfort of their own homes as well as with the support of a loving family-like environment which includes access to a day center.
Social Workers, MSWs, Social Service Workers accustomed to the high demands of previous hospital, skilled nursing, group home, and/or community service agencies will enjoy LIFE’s work-life balance, traditional weekday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. hours, income stability (40 hour work week), and a supportive committed and caring team.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off within the first year of employment
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Company paid Long Term Disability Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
Job Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team’s initial assessments, care planning and on-going re-evaluations of Participant’s case.
- Maintains current written case management records, including periodic reassessments of program Participants
- Provides individual and family counseling, develops and leads group counseling and activities.
- Refers Participants to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as a liaison with such organizations and as advocate for Participants.
- Encourages effective relationships amongst staff geared to the building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
- Consults with and advises staff members as to the relationship of social, emotional and cultural factors to health and medical care, and as to the availability of social services in the community.
- Participates in program and policy development of the social work component of the program.
- Conducts periodic assessments.
- Communicates Participant changes to team members.
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree
For additional information, please see: www.PACE4You.org and www.lifenwpa.org
Interested candidates may apply on Indeed.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $28.00 per hour