LIFE-NWPA works as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. LIFE is the premiere healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care that is free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Employees of LIFE consistently hear from our clients, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as LIFE continues to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Consistent schedule, hours and income, and overtime potential
- Paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, annual wage increases, and paid training
- Staff working within the community are paid mileage for the use of their vehicle
- Staff do not transport LIFE’s Participant’s within their own vehicles
- Team approach striving to provide excellent patient care for our seniors
Why Work for LIFE?
Direct Care Workers, Direct Support Professionals, Home Health Aides, and Private Duty Caregivers have found rewarding careers with LIFE-NWPA helping seniors stay within the comfort of their own homes as well as with the support of a loving family-like environment including access to a day center.
PCAs, CNAs, STNAs, and Patient Care Technicians accustomed to the high demands of previous hospital, skilled nursing, group home, and/or community service agencies will enjoy LIFE’s work-life balance, traditional weekday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. hours, stable 40 hour work week, and a supportive committed and caring team. Occasional overtime opportunities inclusive of weekends are available.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued from date of hire
- Pay increases for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
- Direct and carryout a program of activities which provide opportunities to enhance optimal levels of physical, cognitive, social functioning, (i.e., exercise, active/mental games, music, crafts, etc.)
- Assist Participant in selection of activities within his/her restrictions or limitations.
- Encourage hobbies; stimulate resident interest and social communications.
- Plan and implement group activities and specific recreational programs.
- Schedule religious programs, worship services, community outings and special events.
- Post schedule of monthly activities.
- Chart all pertinent Participant information relative to the Activity Department in the Participant’s chart at least quarterly (assessments/progress notes).
- Coordinates related community services such as public library, material for blind, records, voting.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for one to one relationships and assistance on group activities.
- Contributes to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan through staff discussions with the Interdisciplinary team.
- Assists the Center Manager in preparing the annual departmental budget for inclusion in budget preparations.
- Participate on Center committees for the betterment of the Participant and Center.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Center Manager.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team’s initial assessments, care planning and on-going re-evaluations of Participant’s case.
- Conducts periodic assessments.
- Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Participates in the coordination of a 24 hour care delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree or two (2) years experience in the human services field and skills to work with the frail/elderly population.
For additional information, please see: www.lifenwpa.org and www.PACE4You.org
Interested candidates may apply through Indeed.com
Salary: $15.00 – $15.50 per hour