The One Senior Care family of businesses, including LIFE-NWPA and Cherry Blossom PACE, work as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, and independent within their homes and communities for as long as possible. We are a premier healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Our employees consistently hear from our Participants, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as we continue to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Excellent career growth opportunities with a fast-growing, mission-driven organization.
- Team approach striving to provide excellent patient care for our seniors.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan with excellent matching, annual performance increases, and paid training.
- Staff working within the community are paid mileage for the use of their vehicle.
- Staff do not transport Participants in their own vehicles
- Consistent schedule, hours and income, and overtime potential.
Supervises and coordinates all PCAs to ensure Participant care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the nursing staff.
- Supervision of PCAs in the Center and for In-Home services.
- Represents the PCAs in the IDT Meeting.
- Responsible for the master schedule, Center and Homecare PCA schedules.
- Responsible for completing the daily duty schedule for the PCAs in the center, including breaks, Participants’ appointments, showers, wellness, supplies, activities, pick-up/drop-offs, and home care PRN while in the center.
- Responsible for updating the contact information of all PCAs.
- Responsible for reviewing electronic timesheets and verifying all PCA payroll, mileage and expense reimbursements.
- Participate in on-going training as directed.
- Monitor Participants being seen in the Clinic and meal service while in Center.
- Responsible for collecting and completing all the Center’s logs: washer/dryer cleaning, shower temperature, shower cleaning, clinic cleaning, and oxygen concentrators.
- Participate in on-going Quality Initiative training as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The PCA Team Leader is responsible for supervising In-Center PCAs.
- Relates well with people of all ages but has a deep sensitivity and commitment to the elderly.
- Ability to organize work and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and patiently with personnel, Participants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the public.
- Must have the cognitive ability to process and perform tasks for Participant safety.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of experience working with the frail and elderly population and at least one year of prior supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license, vehicle, and clean driving record.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with geriatric patients and handle unusual interpersonal situations.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to assist with the evacuation of Participants.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued from the date of hire
- Pay increases for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouses, and dependents
Our organizations provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The OSC family of businesses will only hire qualified individuals to work in a federally funded healthcare program.? Please note that this excludes anyone convicted of a crime that could jeopardize the safety and well-being of the frail senior population that OSC/LIFE-NWPA/CBP serves.? All individuals must disclose any conflicts of interest upon applying for a position and agree to a thorough background check when an employment offer is extended.
This position has full access to Participant, program, and staff records and reports, requiring discretion to protect individuals and the program.