The One Senior Care family of businesses, including LIFE-NWPA and Cherry Blossom PACE, work as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, and independent within their homes and communities for as long as possible. We are a premier healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care, free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Our employees consistently hear from our Participants, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as we continue to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Excellent career growth opportunities with a fast-growing, mission-driven organization.
- Team approach striving to provide excellent patient care for our seniors.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan with excellent matching, annual performance increases, and paid training.
Under the direct supervisor for the delivery of care with the Primary Care Physician and/or Medical Director, applies advanced knowledge/clinical skills necessary to assess/manage the healthcare of chronically ill geriatric Participants in the LIFE program. Works directly under the Clinic Nurse Manager for daily operational issues.
- Practice within their scope, as defined by the state laws, concerning:
- Physician oversight requirements and designed parameters.
- Practice Authority
- Prescriptive Authority
- Involved as part of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and other required IDT members.
- Collaborates with PCP/Medical Director to deliver participant care for clinical outcomes to help ensure proper outcomes per LIFE-NWPA’s QAPI program.
- Collaborates with Clinic Nurse Manager for operational and documentation issues including but not limited to scheduling, charting, internal procedural direction, and other daily operational issues that do not conflict with the practice within his/her scope, as defined by the state laws or physician limitations or directives.
- Performs health histories, physical exams, and patient teaching. Orders, interprets, and follows up on lab tests and results.
- Initiates emergency measures as necessary. Recognizes abnormalities that justify immediate referral for intervention by others.
- Assesses, initiates, and coordinates patient care daily under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Acts as liaison with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals within the program, providing education, communication, and support for healthcare staff, patients, and families.
- Participates in the coordination of a 24-hour care delivery.
- Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning.
- Participate in and support Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to deal tactfully and patiently with personnel, participants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the public.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have the cognitive ability to process and perform tasks for Participant safety
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- May include overnight travel for in-service training programs, etc.
- Able to learn, teach and do research; able to solve problems and think analytically.
- Ability to organize work and follow through on assigned tasks.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Must be licensed as a Certified Nurse Practitioner in the State of Pennsylvania.
- One year of experience working with the frail and elderly population or willing to participate in extensive training as needed.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Complete an in-depth orientation to the LIFE/PACE model of care that may require overnight travel.
- Is subject to lifting, carrying, and supporting participants.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued from the date of hire
- Pay increases for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouses, and dependents
Our organizations provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The OSC family of businesses will only hire qualified individuals to work in a federally funded healthcare program.? Please note that this excludes anyone convicted of a crime that could jeopardize the safety and well-being of the frail senior population that OSC/LIFE-NWPA/CBP serves.? All individuals must disclose any conflicts of interest upon applying for a position and agree to a thorough background check when an employment offer is extended.
This position has full access to participant, program, and staff records and reports, requiring discretion to protect individuals and the program.
Incumbents must be trained to provide assessment, treatment, or care for patients of all ages, with additional education focused on the treatment and care of adult and geriatric patients.