Personal Care Aide (PCA)
Employment type: Full Time
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday, 1st shift
Highlights of Working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Position’s with LIFE-NWPA are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however employees should be flexible with their schedule as the needed.
- Consistency of working with the same LIFE-NWPA Participants each week.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan, annual wage increases, and paid training.
- No reduction of your hours when assigned homecare services are not needed.
- Staff working within the community are paid mileage for the use of their vehicle.
- Staff do not transport LIFE’s Participant’s within their own vehicles.
LIFE-NWPA provides services to seniors, who otherwise may be eligible for nursing home placement, allowing the individual to remain in the Community, within their own home for as long as safely possible.
Personal Care Aides work within an adult day center environment, and as well the individual’s home, carrying out services and activities that meet the needs of LIFE’s Participants.
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
- Interacts with and participates in activities with Participants
- Assists with breakfast and lunch meal service
- Provides assistance with personal care as needed (including showering/bathing, toileting, etc.)
- Assists with housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation (in-home care)
- Accompany Participants to on-site clinic for appointments
- Travel with LIFE transportation team in company vehicles to assist with transport as needed
- Document required services on appropriate forms
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law (at employer’s expense)
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical (at employer’s expense)
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- High School education or equivalent
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off accrued after 90-day probationary period
- Up to 3% pay increase annually
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
For additional information, please see: www.PACE4You.org
Interested candidates may apply through Indeed.com or online: