Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $21.00 – $22.50 per hour
Shift/Hours: Monday – Friday, Dayshift
The Center is closed nights, weekends, and holidays
LIFE-NWPA works as a team to help seniors stay safe, healthy, independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. LIFE is the premiere healthcare provider striving to provide excellent patient care that is free from the traditional boundaries of medical insurance plans. Employees of LIFE consistently hear from our clients, “I am grateful for you!”
Find a rewarding role with a dedicated, supportive team that includes exceptional career growth opportunities as LIFE continues to expand locally and nationally.
Highlights of working for LIFE-NWPA:
- Excellent work-life balance with a traditional Monday through Friday Dayshift/Weekday schedule
- Services provided only to seniors enrolled in the program
- Manageable staff to patient ratio
- Dedicated patient time focused on quality, not quantity
Why Work For LIFE?
Licensed Practical Nurses have found rewarding careers with LIFE-NWPA helping seniors stay within the comfort of their own homes as well as with the support of a loving family-like environment which includes access to a day center.
LPN’s accustomed to the high demands of previous hospital, skilled nursing, group home, and/or community service agencies will enjoy LIFE’s work-life balance, traditional weekday / dayshift. work hours, stable 40 hour work week, and a supportive committed and caring team.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to One Senior Care Participants. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Clinical Registered Nurse but is independent in the application of state nursing knowledge and skills. Responsible for the coordination and delivery services in accordance with the Plan of Care.
- Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient’s overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results.
- Planning Care: Assist with developing a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services.
- Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems.
- Communicates Participant changes to team members.
- Participates in the development of the IDT Plan of Care.
- Participates in the coordination of a 24 hour care delivery.
- Completes all documentation in the medical record as required.
- Completes any home visit when applicable
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have a current State License of Practical Nursing.
- One year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Successful completion of Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, PA DHS Child Abuse Clearance, Office of Inspector General check, and FBI Fingerprinting for Child Protective Services Law
- Successful completion of post-offer employment drug screening and physical
- CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain at employer’s expense
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Pay increase for performance
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits with employer contribution (pre-taxable savings)
- Retirement Plan with 100% employer match after 1 year of service (pre-taxable savings)
- Free Life and AD&D insurance plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-taxable savings)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
For additional information, please see: www.lifenwpa.org and www.PACE4You.org